Friday 2 August 2013

The Top Five Career Regrets

Daniel Gulati, co-author of Passion &Purpose: Stories from the Best and Brightest Young Business Leaders asks a simple question. What would you do differently if you had the chance to magically rewind your career?
Here are the top five career regrets he identifies on most professional’s mind:

1. I wish I hadn't taken the job for the money. By far the biggest regret of all came from those who opted into high-paying but ultimately dissatisfying careers.

2. I wish I had quit earlier. Almost uniformly, those who had actually quit their jobs to pursue their
passions wished they had done so earlier. "Those years could have been spent working on problems that mattered to me. You can't ever get those years back."

3. I wish I had the confidence to start my own business. As their personal finances shored up, professionals that Daniel Gulati surveyed yearned for more control over their lives. The logical answer? To start their own businesses- however small.

4. I wish I had used my time at school more productively. Despite all the controversy currently surrounding the value of education, many employers, students, and parents still view college education as a worthwhile investment.

5. I wish I had acted on my career hunches. Several individuals recounted windows of opportunity in their careers, the "now-or-never moments", but failed to act on them.  

For more career advice tips, admissions, and scholarships guidance,
Come to The Bi-Weekly Career Day Special, 30% Discounts off,


9 comments:

This comment has been removed by the author.
This comment has been removed by the author.
This comment has been removed by the author.
This comment has been removed by the author.
This comment has been removed by the author.

Hello, dear citizens of Kenya. I think that Kenya is very good country. People, we have amazing country, which full of attractions. I think we must have fantastic life. Some days ago I found interesting post about family life. You can check it there, it is so interesting
https://tuko.co.ke/186207-ndoa-186207.html

This comment has been removed by the author.

I think all of the five career regrets was realized by nice and perfect woman Terryanne Chebet. She is an entrepreneur, mother, business journalist and a dreamer in Kenya http://specials.tuko.co.ke/madeinke-cosmetics Really I admire about her because she could to fulfill the dreams and became successful woman

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More